Collectively, we know that there are over 2 million veterans living in California with the highest percentage per capita in Nevada County. To honor our veterans, the Town of Truckee is hosting a Veterans Day Art Contest. The deadline for art submissions is coming up quick! Read the submission guidelines below and visit the Town of Truckee website to learn more.
The Town of Truckee is calling all artists ages 5 and up to submit their original artwork into the Veterans Day Art Contest. Art submissions must fit the theme: A Grateful Nation: United by the Legacy of our Veterans. Please download and submit the application with each art piece. Print/Download the application
Art Submission Guidelines
- Art submissions must fit the theme: A Grateful Nation: United by the Legacy of our Veterans.
- Each student (ages 5-18) may enter up to 2 pieces of art.
- Both wet and dry mediums are welcome.
- Flat, two-dimensional artwork less than ¼” thick. (This means no sculpture or other 3D aspects).
- Maximum size is 16”x16”. There is no minimum size.
- Artwork must be completely original hand-done artwork. (No tracing, photography, or computer-generated artwork is allowed). You may look at photographs or other art for ideas, but do not copy them. We want to see your creativity at work!
Please Note: All submissions must be suitable for all audiences. Learn more.
Please submit your art to the Truckee Town Clerk’s Department with a note that it is for the Veterans Day Art Contest. Contact the Contest Coordinator: Jennifer Masters if you have any questions regarding the contest: email@example.com.
Contest Age Brackets and Prizes
Contest winners will receive cash congratulations; recognition on the Town’s website and Facebook; and, it is a wonderful transcript booster!
- September 27: Contest Opens.
- October 25: Contest Closes. Deadline for entries. Artwork must be in to Contest Coordinator by 5:00 PM on October 25.
- October 28: Judging panel begins the selection process.
- November 11: Winners announced at the Veterans Day Event held at Victory Plaza (Corner of Spring Street and Donner Pass Road) in Downtown Truckee at 11:00 a.m. Artwork will be displayed for public viewing.
- November 15: Artwork available for contestants to pick-up at Town Hall.
Art pieces will be judged on the following criteria:
- Adherence to the theme
A panel of judges selected by the Town will judge both the preliminary and final rounds. The judging panel is comprised of local professional and amateur artists with concentrations in watercolors, portraits, landscapes, pastels, sketches, and other related fields, as well as local Veterans, community members, and Council members. The decision of the judges is final.
Entry into this art contest is completely FREE!
We encourage you to participate, and look forward to displaying your amazing artwork!