Do you have a Tahoe Project idea that benefits the community? A way that aligns with Tahoe Fund’s mission? Specifically, a project designed to restore Lake Tahoe’s famed clarity, create healthier forests, improve transportation, create more sustainable recreation, and inspire greater stewardship in the region? If so, you can submit a project proposal.
TAHOE FUND ISSUES CALL FOR 2021 PROJECTS
The Tahoe Fund is currently seeking to collaborate with organizations to develop Signature and Premier Projects with fundraising goals of $5,000 – $1,000,000 that align with the following program areas:
- Forest Health: The goal is to fund innovative solutions that will increase the pace and scale of forest restoration in the Tahoe Basin.
- Lake Clarity/Water Quality/Lake Health: The goal is to complement and support key stakeholders’ efforts to improve lake clarity, water quality, and lake health. The Tahoe Fund is particularly interested in projects with a focus on Aquatic Invasive species, near shore water quality, and Upper Truckee watershed restoration.
- Sustainable Recreation: The Tahoe Fund is interested in sustainable outdoor recreation projects that will improve quality of experience and equity of access, while minimizing impacts on natural resources in Tahoe.
- Stewardship: The Tahoe Fund wants to inspire more people to take care of Tahoe by funding projects that increase environmental awareness and promote behavioral change.
- Transportation: Contribute innovative solutions to current and future transportation efforts; especially those that help solve peak congestion issues.
Please see the project portfolio for examples of other Tahoe Fund Signature and Premier Projects.
Project submissions for early-stage grants through the Environmental Venture Trust or Smartest Forest Fund can be submitted on the Tahoe Fund website. These projects should be able to demonstrate how an early investment will be able to be leveraged to secure significantly more funding in the future from public and/or private sources. They should also bring innovative solutions to Tahoe’s environmental challenges.
The Tahoe Fund invites you to submit a project using the form here.
All submissions will be reviewed by the Tahoe Fund Projects Committee, which is tasked with developing the Tahoe Fund’s Signature and Premier Projects Portfolio. Select projects will be invited to provide further details. The Tahoe Fund Projects Committee will review proposals on a rolling basis. Any projects seeking 2021 support should submit by January 29, 2021.