It’s officially fall! Time to enjoy Truckee’s most colorful and quiet season.
Enjoy the Quiet Time
The Summer crowds are starting to disperse which makes it a great time to enjoy some much-needed quiet time. We recommend exploring the unspoiled wilderness on foot or by bike while enjoying the autumn turn. The aspens are particularly gorgeous as they change hues to gold and fiery orange.
The Top Places for Fall Colors in Truckee and Lake Tahoe
- Aspen Grove on HWY 267 Just After the Northstar Turn Off
- Donner Lake Rim Trail WEBSITE
- Mount Rose Highway Summit – North Lake Tahoe WEBSITE
- Marlette Lake – Glenbrook WEBSITE
- Markleeville- South Lake Tahoe WEBSITE
- Ebbetts Pass – South Lake Tahoe WEBSITE
Follow this important hiking etiquette and always wear a mask on paved paths and trails.
With positive COVID-19 cases increasing in California, Nevada, and across the country, Lake Tahoe and Truckee communities are appealing to travelers to wear masks to help keep businesses open and have outlined how to prepare in advance to make the most of time they have planned in the mountains this summer. Before traveling to Truckee, read through our Know Before You Go guide and stay up to date on the most recent updates and information.