Chances are if you are a permanent resident of the Truckee, Tahoe area, you Love snow! I know we do. The 2019 winter has been great for snow accumulation and we are all secretly hoping that it keeps on.
Interesting Facts About Snow in Our Area
- During the winter of 1951-1952, 65 feet of snow fell on Donner Summit. You would think that would be the record for the most snowfall in one winter but it’s not.
- In 1938, 68.25 feet o snow fell on Donner Summit.
- Truckee has an average of 17.025 feet of snow annually, which makes it the fifth-snowiest city in the United States.
- “Snirt” is an actual term used to describe the mixture of snow and dirt, often seen in snowbanks along the side of the road.
- Initially, the term blizzard referred to a volley of musket fire or cannon shots but it changed in 1870 when an Iowa newspaper used the term to describe heavy snowfall and the term stuck.
About the Carroll Team
Chris and Ally Carroll, a mother, daughter duo embody the true spirit of Tahoe. You may see them on the slopes or kicking around town. The recreational lifestyle is what brought Chris Carroll to Tahoe more than three decades ago. She loves the area and is a steadfast supporter of the community. Ally, a champion snowboarder was born and raised in Truckee, she too holds a deep appreciation for the community and the town’s rich history. When she isn’t selling houses, you may find her up on the slopes enjoying the snow.
Chris and Ally’s dedication and exceptional knowledge of Tahoe makes them excellent realtors. With great communication skills and professional follow-up methods, comfortable style, and an honest straightforward approach, they will have your transaction of buying or selling done in a smooth and stress-free manner.
If you are thinking of buying or selling a home, the Carroll Team is always available to provide excellent and dedicated service.